EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered      

Forum / Writing Careers  % width 37 posts

When essay writing season starts?

NewWriter 1 | 2  
Aug 24, 2009 | #1
When does a new essay writing season starts?? In the last month I joined two academic paper companies but they have very few orders available....... Is it normal at this time of the year?
rustyironchains 12 | 697 ☆☆  
Aug 25, 2009 | #2
there are these mysterious signs and symbols as such in the world around us, and its institutions and facilities, and such... I was wondering if you thought about what any may be.
OP NewWriter 1 | 2  
Aug 25, 2009 | #3
Do you mean vacaction season?
mre 1 | 170  
Aug 25, 2009 | #4
It was summer time. No school. It is about to not be summer time. Back to school. More papers because more people in school needing papers done.

You understand?
OP NewWriter 1 | 2  
Aug 25, 2009 | #5
Summer ends in September 21 only, still almost one month? I don't understand the academic calendar, I thought vacation is over when the summer is over.
mre 1 | 170  
Aug 25, 2009 | #6
Oh ok. Generally school begins, in America, around now...late August to early September.
FreelanceWriter 6 | 2,550  FEATURED ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Aug 25, 2009 | #7
It suddenly got dark all over the place. Anybody have any idea when it's going to get sunny again outside?
Highly experienced, versatile, honest writer with a US Law degree (JD) located in NYC. My website is nycfreelancewriter "dot com"
OxbridgeResearchers 5 | 722 ☆☆  
Aug 25, 2009 | #8
Good question ... the answer is that it is all to do with this very strange natural phenomenon called night and day. It is as fascinating as the seasons. And guess what?! People generally sleep when it gets dark ... something like a daily `holiday' ...
pheelyks  
Aug 27, 2009 | #9
OK, but it's winter in Australia. Are they in school? And near the equator, it's pretty much summer all the time--they must not have school at all. Continuing that logic, people (and penguins) living near the poles have got to be brilliant; they never take a break. Except for that one really long day they have around this time of year.
sivaavis - | 1  
Sep 17, 2009 | #10
[Moved from]:

Is it off-season for writing jobs?

Hi,

I see that the number of orders has decreased over the last month for all three writing services that I work for. Is it off-season in the UK universities?
pheelyks  
Sep 17, 2009 | #11
Are you serious?
TREETOPS 3 | 22  
Jun 04, 2011 | #12
Low writing season is here. What do you do?

low season is here.. what strategies are you using as a writer???
studentcustomer 1 | 11  
Jun 04, 2011 | #14
LOL at pheelyks' response...very straightforward and honest.
TREETOPS 3 | 22  
Jun 04, 2011 | #15
Pheelyks indeed and i told you so yet you disputed
stu4 21 | 867 ☆☆   Observer
Jun 04, 2011 | #16
ESL writers should take time and study English hard. Don't use the phrase "Respected or Esteemed Company" that disqualifies you rightaway.

Native speakers should get from their ponies and learn to do a proper detailed research (no cheating by doing paraphrazing coz it can be done by student himself).
essaybrah 1 | 65  
Jun 08, 2011 | #17
low season is here.. what strategies are you using as a writer???

Look into writing up resumes,cover letters,college entrance essays.

They may not be as profitable as term papers or essays, but it'll help you stay busy.
Keep in mind some people do go to school in the summer!
lableblack6 - | 1   Freelance Writer
Jul 05, 2011 | #18
Writing jobs in non term times

Hi Guys. Does anyone know of a writing company that has a considerable amount of work during the holiday season as well ?

Best Regards,
Adam
Osbern 1 | 3  
Jul 05, 2011 | #19
I don't think any company is especially more busy. Just look for the ones that provide a lot of personal statements as that's what students are after.

Of course you can also try to work on dissertations.
Ben Smith - | 2  
Jul 12, 2011 | #20
I have found couple sites which provide jobs even during low season. When there is no job I'm browsing through forums and read comments about companies which run the same business.
MeoKhan 10 | 1,378   ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Jul 12, 2011 | #21
I must say that my personal experience tells me that for every area of expertise in the world, there is some time that can be considered as low season. Reasons are numerous but the most important thing is decline in demand at a specific point in time.

However, my experience also tells me that top-players in every field do remain quite busy even during a slow time.
Aug 16, 2012 | #22
August lowest month for essay writing jobs

What essay writers do when they dont write?

a) panic
b) spam
c) fight on EssayScam
d) all above
pleasetrustus - | 5   Observer
Aug 17, 2012 | #23
Vacation - they sit back and relax for their season.. All of the above are also true...
editor75 13 | 1,910  
Aug 17, 2012 | #24
stu4 hates and steals from his writers-- vacation would never occur to him naturally. if you write for his company, you can't afford to leave the house (or pay your bills).
Aug 17, 2012 | #25
if you write for his company, you can't afford to leave the house (or pay your bills).

But afford live in house.
srandrews 11 | 141   Freelance Writer
Aug 17, 2012 | #26
Does stu actually operate an essay site, or are you joking? How could he serve English-speaking customers when he is clearly not fluent in the language? How would he know if his writers are producing good or bad papers if he cannot read them?
matta 1 | 5   Company Representative
Sep 07, 2014 | #27
Considering the season of the year there are few writing service inquiries. Students don't need writing services as much as in the past? Or maybe the season hasn't really started yet, we still have summer here ;).
VernonBarth - | 32   Student
Sep 15, 2014 | #28
It depends on the service provider when they are providing the service for essay writer. You just do searching on for essay writer you must get different provides who gave you the service in appropriate cost. Mostly the students want the writers when they are getting some assignments in the holiday.
DavidWilliams - | 20   Student
Dec 30, 2014 | #29
If you are in a good company or you are a good writer than you will not need to wait for the seasons. You will get customers in every season.
editor75 13 | 1,910  
Dec 30, 2014 | #30
How would you know?
Smiley73 4 | 592 ☆☆  
Aug 30, 2017 | #31
Season to WriteThe essay writing season usually starts to pick up around mid-September, reaching its peak around Thanksgiving, then again around the Christmas and New Year holidays. That is for the last part of the current year.

The round of hot season orders should hit the company servers around spring break then again towards the end of the school year.

This is what is normally called the "hot" season at the companies and there is usually more than enough work to go around. So much so that the companies sometimes ask their most trusted writers to double up on their orders.

All in an effort to get the pipeline cleared and writers assigned before the clients ask for a refund. Don't expect all the writing companies to have the same workload for all their writers though. Some new companies still get stuck in an order rut regardless of the season. While some better established companies can have more orders than they can handle.

Just relax, lay back, and enjoy the "slow" season while it is still around.

The minute the hectic "hot" season starts, you may find yourself wondering what you were complaining about in the first place.
ProfessorVerb 31 | 825   ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Aug 31, 2017 | #32
If you are in a good company or you are a good writer than you will not need to wait for the seasons

From your mouth to God's ears.* It's the truth. Early movers enjoy some advantages. I would suggest only you replace "or" with "and." Good luck in the future.**

* I'll bet God has a buncha damn ears.
** I really like footnotes.
Smiley73 4 | 592 ☆☆  
Oct 08, 2017 | #33
As of the time this post was created, the school year was just about to go into full swing. Once that got underway, I am sure that the writing gigs also took off. The summer months are normally the off season for writers. The students in summer school don't really have a heavy workload so the orders coming in tend to be few and far between. That is always the case when regular school is not in session. However, since the definition of a regular school year has changed since this post was first made, it would seem like the dry season for writers have also changed in terms of the schedule. The summer months may be slow for the most part but when the summer term is about to come to an end, there tends to be an influx of writing work. That is, for the students in summer school. However, the trimester students tend to go to school year round and their writing requirements are more regular because of it. So yeah, the summer slow season still stands but it is now augmented by the rise in trimester students and the writing requirements for summer students towards the end of the summer class schedule.
zakatkins - | 4   Student
Oct 10, 2017 | #34
I think it's always popular job and you can find any writing job anytime of the year.
Write Review 1 | 548 ☆☆  
Feb 09, 2019 | #35
I think the OP did not understand how the freelance writing world works. Academic writing is seasonal. Expect dry seasons from June to September when summer vacation is in full swing. The orders start to finally kick in around October. However, freelance writing, whether it be essays, copy, articles, blogs, and the like are year round jobs that writers can complete. These types of writing work are for advanced writers though so I do not believe that the OP was skilled enough, at the time, to participate in such paid writing activities. Satisfying a student client is already hard work during the season, imagine having to satisfy the writing requirements of professionals in the field of advertising, editorial writing, and other similar fields. These are the jobs that pay big bucks all year round so it doesn't have a "season" to speak of.
Study Review - | 254  
Nov 27, 2019 | #36
One of the many ways that writers thrive in the industry is through diversifying their writing portfolios. Surely enough, even though academic writing can come off as season because of the "peak" seasons, the dry periods aren't necessarily terrible. These drier seasons are still considered to be pretty alright - except that you don't have mountains of papers piling in front of you. This is also the reason why I've made it a point to not just stick with one type of writing (in this case, for example, academic writing) because you cannot merely just focus on one area without leaving another. It is always imperative to ensure that you would have back-up plans for slower seasons to ensure a steady flow of income. More than being a writer, this (of course) just is a prerequisite for freelancers in general to survive in the field.
Cite 2 | 1,857 ☆☆☆  
Jan 24, 2020 | #37
It depends on what the focus of your writing career is. If you are reliant on grade school to high school level writing, the season starts early to mid-September. If you are writing for the college crown, it is pretty much a year round thing as college students tend to enroll in summer school to speed up their educational calendar. It isn't good for a writer to rely on a writing season for income though. That pretty much limits your ability to generate income on a regular basis or stash away savings for a rainy day. It would be best for you to diversify your writing abilities so you can work year round, regardless of the season.

Forum / Writing Careers / When essay writing season starts?

Help? ➰
CLOSE
BEST FREELANCE WRITERS:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!

BEST WRITING SERVICES:
Top Academic Research Services!
VERIFY A WRITER:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter account: