EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Recommended ↷

Forum / Essay Services22

Unemployed Professors unemployedprofessors.com - horrible experience

hezgotsoul 1 | -   Student
May 09, 2017 | #1
I tried using this service. I knew with such a cheesy name I should not have used them. They were given a very straight forward assignment and maximum time to complete. What was returned was horrible. Most of it was incomplete. There were sections not even attempted of the paper. The English was broken and it was a disgrace. I asked for a refund and I was brushed off. The owner told me he needed to keep almost 50% for his admin fee. How can you charge a fee for a service you poorly provided. They don't deserve a fee. Even now, I'm being 100% ignored. I've reached out many times and the company will not respond. save yourself the head ach and do not use them. Unemployed Professors....unemployedprofessors.com is a complete scam and what they send back to you will not be able to be used..
Major 38 | 1,346 ☆☆☆  
May 09, 2017 | #2
From a logical viewpoint, if you are good at what you do (and are still in business to provide a service), you are not supposed to be unemployed - unless you got fired. Besides, I don't believe they have a single real professor (or even a PhD) among their team; the name is nothing but a marketing play. If you got fired, you are most likely not good at what you do. Would you hire a landscaping company named - 'Unemployed Landscaping Contractors Inc' to do an electrical job? Just because someone is a contractor (or someone has finished a college) doesn't mean they can do other specialized jobs.
ProfessorVerb    35 | 829 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
May 10, 2017 | #3
such a cheesy name

Your post was better than 50% of the work product I've seen my competitors produce over the years. Based on your use of "cheesy name" in particular, it is clear that you have benefited from the American educational system and can write what you think and feel. That's WAY better than most of my competitors. The next lowliest creatures on earth compared to the sleazes you describe are "sinister ministers" who state that "God won't write your paper" but "they will save your soul for a price." These types of life lessons learned can be expensive but they are valuable. In truth, I don't think you need this type of service unless you're just pressed for time.
ProfCrisis    - | 40   Freelance Writer
Sep 24, 2017 | #4
Hello! I found this forum because I was curious about whether Unemployed Professors had gotten any coverage on this site. Sorry you had a horrible experience on the site. I've been a little frustrated that some bad apples have gotten into the mix, both before and after I started writing for the site more or less full-time (in late April 2017). I'd like to respond to a few things said on this thread so far, and I'm happy to answer any questions.

1.) Quality of writers: Yes, there are some bad and/or lazy writers on the site, unfortunately, which is not exactly policed by the admins. In my opinion they should ban the ones that show a pattern of shoddy work and unhappy customers. There are, however, lots of good ones, including myself. I dropped out of a PhD program in English pre-dissertation because I didn't want to be an academic anymore. Lots of reasons for this (some of which are mentioned below), but it didn't have to do with my ability or inability to write research papers.

2.) Weed out the bad: READ THE REVIEWS. I know that the front page of this site mentions that the scammy essay mills are full of fake reviews. This is correct. But I know for a fact that this is not the case for Unemployed Professors. I know this because when I started on the site, I had no reviews. And as I worked my ass off to win my first few jobs, I had to beg my satisfied clients to go out of their way to write a review (annoying I know, but I needed the proof of a job well done). Every new review that I get is the result of a specific job, because I see them come in and can often tell which client it was based on context and timing. Every single review I have is positive, and I'm proud of this because I earn it, simple as that. The shoddy writers on site will have plenty of positive reviews-- because most clients frankly have low standards-- but inevitably you'll see some worrisome reviews about inattention to detail and questionable English. Not the case if the writer is truly qualified and approaches the work with integrity and work ethic. (You can view any writer's profile and reviews on the main page without a login.)

Here are mine (ProfCrisis): /professorreviews.aspx?id=2070

3.) The "logical viewpoint" that unemployment = failure or lack of talent is meritocratic hokum, just as the "logic" of a perfect market is just that-- logical on paper, but not reality. The academic labor market is ass backwards, with an army of impoverished contingent workers, and PhDs are over-produced to keep it that way. I write freelance instead because it makes me at least three times what I would make as an adjunct professor with no benefits or job security. Simple. I don't have to deal with pretentious ******** and idiotic policies decided by millionaires who haven't taught in decades. I work from home all day and hang out with my dog. It's really not that complicated. So yes, there are losers in this industry, and there are also honest writers (like me) who strive to satisfy every single customer because they know that a stellar track record means more clients + more money in the long run.

Any questions?
Major 38 | 1,346 ☆☆☆  
Sep 24, 2017 | #5
Hello! I found this forum because I was curious about whether Unemployed Professors had gotten any coverage on this site.

So you found this forum a few years ago (stop playing dumb, please).

READ THE REVIEWS.

Again, reading manufactured / edited reviews of an essay service is a total waste of time. It might have worked a decade ago, but now it's very clear most of the positive reviews (especially when 100% controlled by the publisher) are fake.

I write freelance instead because it makes me at least three times what I would make as an adjunct professor with no benefits or job security.

Why don't you go to a party (as you suggest students do) while the government pays you money? You cannot have it both ways - one one hand, you tell students that doing homework is for the lazy stupid, but on the other hand you don't take the same advice.

The whole concept of your site is ridiculous.. 'go party while fake professors will do your homework'.. as far as I know, most students who use the example services are either overworked or simply aren't (intellectually) capable of doing the homework for various reasons.. but they are not as lazy or naive as you may want them to be.
Sep 24, 2017 | #6
Why don't I go to a party while the government pays me money, you ask? Because that's not how welfare works? And I actually make good money writing freelance.

LOL, you're criticizing the branding of a site I did not build. I've just been writing for them for 5 months or so. I don't know what else to tell you. The reviews are for the writers, not the site (not presented on a generic streaming thread on the front page). And tons of them are negative. I know this doesn't prove anything to you, but it's a big difference, and strongly suggests what I know first hand: the reviews are real.

In my experience, some of my clients are overworked, some just don't feel like doing the work, some can barely read/write English. But I won't defend any of the branding that is sort of insulting to them. I know the branding works, because there's a steady stream of jobs every day. So your point is kinda moot. Anyway, it's not my site.

Looking around more, I'm realizing that THIS site is some kind of marketing arm for the "recommended" sites, a hilariously limited list of approved sites, and so it functions to smear everyone else. Kinda genius. Or everyone here is freakishly paranoid, obsessed with throwing around accusations. Seriously unhealthy, so I kind of hope (for the sake of everyone's well-being) that this "forum" is a scam.
Major 38 | 1,346 ☆☆☆  
Sep 24, 2017 | #7
LOL, you're criticizing the branding of a site I did not build.

But you associate with it (being fully aware of the fraudulently deceptive branding / marketing / other false claims).

a hilariously limited list of approved sites

How, what is limited?
wordsies    5 | 239 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 24, 2017 | #8
There's nothing limiting about it, you want in, you place your ad and that's that. It just so happens that that is the extent (with one notable addition whom I know personally) of real services that take part in this forum. I'm sure there are many more, whom I do not know personally, but those that are "approved" did not come there using magic.

As for the other part of your message, yes, this forum is, primarily, aimed at reducing the plague of spammers, scammers and garbage writers out there. And there's plenty of them., trust me.

If you know the site's rotten, why work there in the first place? There's heaps of other sites you could work for if you have the qualifications. You're kinda cutting the branch you're sitting on, but that's your business anyway.
Major 38 | 1,346 ☆☆☆  
Sep 24, 2017 | #9
Yes, a couple of times I saw a clearly fraudulent site from Ukraine advertising here, but I didn't want to mention anything thinking that's how business works and nothing is free.
Sep 24, 2017 | #10
This forum is a deterrent for frauds since they get pummeled shortly after they start to advertise - courtesy of wb and others. I imagine that's why we don't see ads from frauds very often.
Sep 24, 2017 | #11
Ok, you guys still think I'm the owner of the site. What would he have to gain from coming here and making a defense of a single writer while saying that the other writers often suck? Btw, I didn't say the site was fraudulent, I said some of the writers do worse jobs than others, and that I do a good job.

You guys are just weird bullies. For christ's sake I came to your site in good faith as a member of a market. I didn't say anything wrong and you're all attacking me like it's my website. Is this real life?
Sep 24, 2017 | #12
I don't have any opinion about you, or your site, yet. I just find it odd that you'd come here and trash your place of employment. That's telling. And not in a good way.
Major 38 | 1,346 ☆☆☆  
Sep 24, 2017 | #13
what did I do to deserve these accusations?

False claims. I first commented on this site a couple of years ago: https://essayscam.org/forum/index.php?phrase=unemployed&searchType=3&where=0&forum=&posterName=Major&action=search&searchGo=1 and my thoughts were pretty much the same back then. So I'm not being abusive - I just restate my previous comments which you attempt to deflect.

As wordsies mentioned - the failed / uneducated marketing strategy of the site ('students are lazy and we'll do their homework') only gives ammunition to all those reporters who describe the whole example academic research industry as the site you work for does, ie. in a negative light. It is cutting the branch you're sitting on, indeed.
Sep 24, 2017 | #14
Again, I wasn't trashing them... and "place of employment" is generous. I reach clients on there and the site charges me a percentage. I'm basically their client, and certainly not their employee.

I get that you guys don't like their branding. I think it's catchy but, I agree, a bit crass. Methinks there's a little jealousy though? The branding leads to exposure and press, and I think it's an exaggeration to say that the press is all negative.
Sep 24, 2017 | #15
You do realize that any press in this business is BAD press by definition? Or you think there's a halfwit journalist out there actually willing to write a positive op-ed about this industry?
writers2beware 41 | 2,015 ☆☆☆  
Sep 25, 2017 | #16
The shameless, smarta*s owner will eventually get what's legally coming to him. The coin that he makes today will be gone very quickly when he finds himself in court.

BTW, I find it absolutely disgusting that unemployedprofessors.com brazenly promotes the consumption of alcohol/beer to college students, the majority of whom are minors and/or under the legal drinking age of 21. That's ILLEGAL, scumbags.

In short, I see multiple civil vulnerabilities throughout the site. I also see openings for potential criminal prosecution.
Sep 26, 2017 | #17
HAHAHA careful up there on your high horse!
Sep 26, 2017 | #18
your high horse

Oh, please do explain. Tell me precisely what I do -- or have done -- that is civilly or legally actionable. I'll wait.
Sep 26, 2017 | #19
Lol wut

You got a horse high but I wasn't accusing you of anything. I don't make a habit of freaking the **** out about nothing. It's seriously unhealthy, homie
Sep 28, 2017 | #20
homie

I don't think it's lost on anyone here that you use the same, childish, fraternity-esque language as the jackass who writes the copy for UP.
Sep 28, 2017 | #21
You're right, I should try to develop some groundbreaking work like your devastating bon mots. "I'll wait." I had never before seen that from, say, a shrill weirdo on an inconsequential forum thread about nothing. I was hurrying to assemble bizarre accusations about nothing, then I saw that you were willing to wait, so I started taking my time. THEN I realized you were dropping the mic. I immediately called my parents to tell them I had been owned and that I was sorry.
Sep 28, 2017 | #22
At some point in your life, somebody told you that you are funny, and you believed it. That was a cruel joke.

Forum / Essay Services / Unemployed Professors unemployedprofessors.com - horrible experience