EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Students who hire academic writing "experts" must do their homework too!    

Forum / Free EssaysNEW

Consider something that goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you. Feedback appreciated!

mthao007 1 | -   Student
Jan 08, 2018 | #1
*This is an essay for college admission. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!*

My Personal Hobby Outside Academic Life

Everyone has different hobbies and interests. While some may enjoy being involved in sports, others may just simply be interested in music. As for myself, the particular hobby of cubing or solving twisty puzzles, such as a Rubik's cube, fascinates me. Carefully thinking, I have realized how this small yet special interest of mine has undoubtedly been going unnoticed by the majority of the people in my life.

Student Puzzle HobbyWhile observing a cubing competition between two contenders, I found myself to be unknowingly captivated by the movements of the cube puzzles. The crackling sounds the Rubik's cubes emitted with each and every turn were both absorbing and satisfying to the ears. And with every turn, the satisfaction only started to grow as the cube rapidly reaches its solved state. Carefully observing each player completing the Rubik's cubes sparked my interest in solving twisty puzzles. With my newly discovered passion for twisty puzzles, I immediately dove right into learning how to solve one. The process of learning how to solve the Rubik's cube was unexpectedly difficult and frustrating. With so many algorithms, completing the cube proved to be more difficult than what I had initially assumed it to be. However, with enough practice and perseverance, I eventually accomplished my goal of solving the Rubik's cube.

To others, this hobby of mine is seen as too little of an interest since it hardly attracts any attention, especially when compared to hobbies such as sports or music. And because of this, my interest in twisty puzzles often goes unnoticed. However, just because it goes unnoticed, this does not necessarily mean that it is not at all important. Through the process of learning how to complete the cube puzzle, I realized how crucial effort and perseverance are when attempting to accomplish a certain goal, whether it may be big or small. Furthermore, I have become aware of the fact that without perseverance and effort, one cannot hope to achieve much as achieving something worthwhile often requires a tremendous amount of effort and dedication.

We live in a society where people value different things and ideas. As for myself personally, the hobby of cubing is one of the many things I value. Although this hobby may appear to be insignificant to others, it has proven to be more than what people give it credit for. During stressful times, solving cube puzzles has been an efficient and useful method to relieve stress and eliminate nervousness. In addition, solving puzzles is a great exercise to do before starting class as it prepares my brain for the day by releasing dopamine. With the release of dopamine, I often experience a positive mood while my memory and concentration are improved, which is a great way to start my day. It is amazing to see how much of a difference this small, yet beneficial hobby can make in my life and how it positively affects me in different ways.

Since this particular hobby of mine often goes unnoticed, the idea of how little things in life matter is all the more important. People often ignore the small details of life, believing that they are too small and insignificant to even pay attention to. However, these small details are important in the way that it is a part of what defines who a person is. This is especially true of me as the hobby of puzzle solving defines me as someone who is daring, meticulous, and ambitious. Despite the lack of attention, the fact that this hobby is beneficial and important still remains undoubtedly true.

Forum / Free Essays / Consider something that goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you. Feedback appreciated!

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- CustomPapers.com 🔗 (coupon: GW10)
- GraduateWriter.com 🔗 (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: