Welcome, Guest!
EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Academic Paper Services - The Insider News    

Forum / General Talk6

How to Buy an Essay Online? Listed from the Safest to the Riskiest.

Major 38 | 1,327 ☆☆☆☆  
Sep 02, 2017 | #1
THE SAFEST WAYS OF BUYING CUSTOM ESSAYS ONLINE:

1st choice - An old and reputable essay service registered in a law-abiding, English-speaking country (US / UK / Australia / New Zealand).

2nd choice - A reputable, native English speaking freelance writer located in a law-abiding, English-speaking country.

3rd choice - A reputable freelance writer located in a law-abiding country (usually one of the EU-countries in Europe).

THE RISKIEST WAYS OF BUYING CUSTOM ESSAYS ONLINE:

Risky - A service randomly found on one of the essay service review websites (the majority of the essay service reviews are 100% fake / totally fabricated).

Essay Ordering OptionsVery Risky - A non-reputable essay service or writer randomly found via an online search (the foreign scam-artists are black-hat-SEO contractors who hack other sites to fraudulently place links to their own websites; that's the only reason why their sites still appear high in search engine results).

Extremely Risky - An essay service or writer who randomly contacted you via one of the social-media websites, like Twitter or Facebook (especially after you revealed publicly you were in need of an essay). These 'writers' and services work like a dangerous, well-organized mafia, and are almost certain to be located in a 3rd-world, non-English speaking and non-law-abiding country. All they do is to monitor the social-media websites for certain keywords (like: "need essay help," "Will pay for essay," "My essay is due," "help with my college paper," etc.) and contact their to-be-victims. At first, they may appear legitimate (they have many 'followers,' 'reviews', and their social-media page is typically well-designed), but that's the only reason for their existence and effectiveness because their publicly or privately-posted statements and credentials are completely false.

---

I think the most difficult part for a student who considers hiring a freelance writer or a writing company is to determine their legitimacy, reputation, and the true country location. It may take some research, but doing a search here for the company's domain name or the writer's email / username is the most efficient way of finding out the truth (or getting the closest to the truth).

The last thing that cannot be stressed enough - having reviewed some of the social-media posts it seems to me that some students are very gullible by taking the fraudsters' claims at face value. The foreign scammers who are currently involved in the 'essay writing business' are also working in other 'niches' (like illegal gambling, adult entertainment, website hacking, personal identity thefts, etc.). Students need to be more careful when posting in public or else the social-media mafia of 'writers and essay services' that contacts them will take advantage of their naivety by first scamming them and then blackmailing them.

Have I missed anything? )
ProfessorVerb    33 | 806 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 02, 2017 | #2
Have I missed anything? )

No, sir. If anyone get's screwed now, it's on them. As usual, you've performed a valuable yet unpaid service. For what it's worth, thanks from a long-time admirer.
Smiley73 1 | 212 ☆☆  
Sep 03, 2017 | #3
@Major, if I may put my two cents into this discussion, I think that there was one method of buying essays online that was overlooked. I speak of the "recommendation" system that can come from word of mouth satisfaction among the students. Since a repeat or regular client will have enough experience with a writing service or independent writer for him / her to be able to assess the safety of the transactions with one of the two services, then it stands to reason that this could be one of the safest ways to buy an essay online. Most specially in the case of the independent writers who are referred by their regular clients. The trust factor that these services acquire from recommendations increases at least two-fold in the eyes of the student being referred. This is due to the fact that the friend or classmate of that person has successfully and repeatedly used the services of the company or writer in the past and present. Friends and classmates have a strong influencing factor in this regard and would normally not recommend bad services or writers to their peers. As for the riskiest methods, you hit the nail right on the head @Major.
OP Major 38 | 1,327 ☆☆☆☆  
Sep 03, 2017 | #4
You surely may :) Yes, the recommendation system is good and can work well, but I mostly meant students who aren't frequent / regular buyers (ie. those who get stressed out to the point they post on a social media they need immediate help etc.). Then they get contacted by the scammers who pretend to be their friends when in fact they prey on them and eventually defraud them.
Smiley73 1 | 212 ☆☆  
Sep 05, 2017 | #5
(ie. those who get stressed out to the point they post on a social media they need immediate help etc.).

The students these days rely on social media for way too many things and post way too much private information in public. Then they wonder why they end up dealing with scam companies, scam artists (the untrustworthy "independent" writers), and finding themselves being blackmailed in the future, after the work has been completed for them. I only wish that we could send each and every one of the students the list that you came up with in order to help them assess the "writers" and "writing companies" they come into contact with.

Students today are too comfortable sharing their public information with anybody they meet online. They have no idea of the consequences of their actions because they were not made aware that social media, when used improperly, has consequences, dire consequences. Hopefully one of those students will read your post and help it to go viral. You've come up with a very useful list that prioritizes protecting their privacy and information at all times. I thank you for coming up with it on behalf of the students.
ProfessorVerb    33 | 806 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 09, 2017 | #6
Yep. Major's one of the few unbiased, knowledgeable and just downright friendly posters in here. They should pay him ...

Forum / General Talk / How to Buy an Essay Online? Listed from the Safest to the Riskiest.