Welcome, Guest!
Academic Paper Services - The Insider News    

Forum / Writing Careers11

How to start and get writing orders? Advice needed.

Hillary 1 | -   Observer
Apr 08, 2017 | #1
I aim to start as an academic writer, since I have a team of people who can write on practically all subjects. I am especially interested in writing different kinds of IT projects.

My actual question is: how to start? How to find people to get orders from? I know it sounds somehow naive, but still i do not want to work under companies who claim to be hiring Americans and work side-by-side with Kenyans. And it is always better to ask than not to ask.

I think working with people from USA who need IT projects or any papers on Humanities will be beneficial for us both (the prices will definitely be better for us both if to check the prices on the market + the quality will be higher than the one offered by essay writing companies). But, I have completely no idea on how to get in touch with the potential clients.
Major 34 | 1,280 ☆☆☆☆  
Apr 10, 2017 | #2
The best/only way to start online is to create a website - do you have one yet? Then, the hardest part - promote/market the website/services to students and create a brand; it's going to take at least a couple of years. I guess there is no other way than paid advertising (you may try to spam social media, but in general it's a waste of time). An alternative ('free') option would be word-of-mouth marketing which would require your current US/UK customers who are very satisfied with your service to recommend you to their friends.

the quality will be higher than the one offered by essay writing companies

How do you know that - are your writers from Ukraine? If so, the quality may be higher than delivered by Kenyan writers, but would it be high enough to earn trust of US / UK students?
Smiley73    - | 95   Freelance Writer
Aug 14, 2017 | #3
@Hillary Major makes some good points when it comes to starting your writing service. However, I think that you should start with word of mouth instead. If you do not have a website or client base to get you started yet, then you should consider some self-promotion for starters. Find out where the high school and college kids hang out after school. Pay it a visit and try to make contacts within the circle. Offer your services to them if the chance comes up. Make sure that the chance comes up by steering the discussion that way. If one or two take you up on your offer, that could be the start of word-of-mouth promotion for you and result in a slow but solid building of your client base.

It isn't easy to start up your own writing company. It will take years before you even develop a client base that will allow you to have a steady stream of income. While advertising can be costly, nobody said you can't have a car sticker made that you can stick on your trunk or bumper that says; "Need help writing your class paper? Call..." as an alternative form of advertising. Sure it's blatant, but it works. Trust me, it works.
healthresearcherUK    - | 14   Freelance Writer
Aug 15, 2017 | #4
Sound advice above I think. I think a website is essential (he says making a note to complete that task). I started with a blog and joined a few different forums (we have one here called The Student Room) and actually got my first job from there. After that, I felt like it was really important to build a good rapport with my client so that when they received their essay they wanted to help. I offer a discount to clients that successfully refer somebody to me just to help things along. I'm still developing though so time will tell if this approach works. However, I'm happy to start slow (it's only me and my wife doing it) and see if I can earn enough to keep the lights on lol

Hope it works out for you - it's all worth it in the end (I repeat this mantra several times a day lol)
David
Harvard Study - | 9   Student
2 days ago | #5
Students don't recommend academic writers even to their friends because they don't like what others might think of their actions.
2 days ago | #6
@Harvard Study I mean no disrespect to your point of view but, you should not be making a blanket statement such as the one you made above. You cannot be 100 % sure of the actions that students take regarding advising their friends, whom they know require academic writing help. While I will agree that there are students who may use the service but not recommend it to other students because they are ashamed to admit they use the service, there are some students who will make recommendations if and only if, asked by friends.

To say that "students" don't recommend academic writers in a generalized manner is a statement without basis. The freelance writers here rely to a certain extent, on the word of mouth recommendations and promotions that they get from other students who they were able to successfully assist with their writing needs. Perhaps you do not make recommendations to your classmates and friends when it comes to academic writing needs. You should have said that "I don't recommend..." instead. Making a statement that represents the whole student body is a misrepresentation on your part. You don't know what the other students are actually doing in terms of helping their friends who need academic writing help and you should not pretend to know so.
Harvard Study - | 9   Student
2 days ago | #7
I'm skeptic about friends - some of Facebook friends are fake and they spam other friends so the advice is no good. Seeing websites advertising in good places or on google brings more authority to them. Getting a spam link via a private message is not the same.
ProfessorVerb    32 | 753 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
1 day ago | #8
I'm skeptic about friends

You have grown, grasshopper. We're proud of you. The only friends you can really trust are those with whom you have risked your life (I have two -- they are both dead but may God help them RIP). Don't expect anything from anyone and you won't be disappointed. Don't loan money -- just give it if they need it. Never loan a book either (you won't get it back), but share them anyway.

People are just people, and most of them are just like you (and me), so take that under advisement.
1 day ago | #9
some of Facebook friends are fake

If your circle of friends are limited to only cyber / virtual friends that you make on Facebook, I can understand why you are skeptical about recommendations coming from so-called "friends". I would not trust the word or recommendation of anyone whom I have not met yet. As is often said, "I would only trust him as far as I can see my nose." You are right not to trust the word of the friends you make in the virtual world. However, taking the recommendation or word of a friend whom you know physically and have had a relationship over a number if years falls under a different qualification. As such, I still believe that you are mistaken in implying that all students don't recommend academic writers. Otherwise, we would all be out of jobs.

Students prefer freelance services because it is easier for them to communicate directly with the writer and they know that they will get their paper done right the first time. It is that personal relationship that sets our services apart from the academic outsourcing companies. Don't take the word of Google when it comes to recommending writing sites. Neither should you trust any spam message from FB or in your inbox. Bots can easily be spotted by those in the know and your email account should be able to block those sorts of things. Those are the worst kinds of recommendations one can receive.

Remember, help is given to those who ask. So if you trust your friends, your real life, flesh and blood friends, you can ask them for a writer recommendation and you can trust that referral for sure.
ProfessorVerb    32 | 753 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
1 day ago | #10
I miss my friends ... (fortunately, I still have my best friend*) but recently lost another.**

* My third wife (of 31 years at the end of this month). Everyone wishes -- it takes a LONG DAMN TIME to reach that anniversary.
** My main writing dog, Josie West II, and the world is less bright with her passing -- I still have my auxiliary back-up dog*** but no more pets -- I hurt when I lose them).

*** Another rescue -- people just drop them off here.. ****!
1 hour ago | #11
I feel so sad for you. My mom and I had to send our mixed breed dog over the rainbow bridge just a week ago to this very day. It is really tough to say goodbye to our ever loyal companions. In my case, our family had this dog for 17 years. As she aged though, we found ourselves rescuing the most entertaining Golden Retriever (Read: He was thrust upon us by my cousin who just wanted to get rid of her dog's litter at any cost) that I have had the privilege of raising. His current companion is an almost 3 month Shi Tzu who thinks that she is a big dog. She literally acts like her big brother, somehow she thinks she is a Golden Retriever too. Between your wife and your dog, I am sure that you have the opportunity to have some down time with your true friends. You'll get no judgement from me. I treat my Golden Retriever, his name is Holt, as if he were human. I have conversations with him, even though I know he cannot talk to me. He has the most impressive eyes. I think that is how he communicates best with his "hoomans" as the crazy GR Retriever parents say it :-)

Forum / Writing Careers / How to start and get writing orders? Advice needed.