EssayScam ForumEssayScam.org
Unanswered      

Forum / Essay Services  % width 81 posts

I ordered a two page example paper from essaythinker.net (RAGIOGENIC ISOTOPES IN GEOLOGICAL AGES AND DATES)

graphophobius 7 | 572   Freelance Writer
Aug 14, 2014 | #1
RAGIOGENIC ISOTOPES IN GEOLOGICAL AGES AND DATES

Name
13th August 2014

Geochemistry

// essay removed (post published on another site) //

I'll let the "community" debate the quality of the above posted "essay". There's something more interesting going on here:

So Major stated, "Because you obviously cannot compete with your offer, so you're attacking other services without a serious reason. Would you like representatives of the other services to order a technical research paper from you and then call you a scam because you are incapable of researching technical topics? Probably not." This was in response to my query about why people don't ignore me if I am indeed a troll.

Major's statement was curious. He couldn't be referring to my paper order from fast-essay.com on the fear of writing, could he? Or was he referring to the technical paper (above) that I ordered before he made this statement? It sure seems like he was referring to the latter and, if so, could this indicate that Major is associated with essay-thinker.net? And would it further indicate that EssayScam.org is complicit in taking on ads from companies that others have claimed to be scammers, given that my allegations of Major's possible role at Essay Scam eventually prove to be true?

So many questions!
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #2
I'll let the "community" debate the quality of the above posted "essay".

You tried and failed again to discredit your competition... There are better and more legitimate ways to compete.
OP graphophobius 7 | 572   Freelance Writer
Aug 14, 2014 | #3
Come on Major, stay on track. We need you here.

But I'll indulge you just a bit: I am not competing with fast-essay, essaythinker, or any of the other's advertised here, right now. There is no competition. None. The kind of client that does business with these kinds of places is not the kind of person that I want to engage in a business transaction. I know that will interpreted as high and mighty; so be it.

Now that we have that out of the way, how about some of my questions? I think it is obvious that Major endorses this kind of low quality writing, is it not? It also seems obvious that EssayScam has a dubious position in the academic ghostwriting industry? Question mark.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #4
The kind of client that does business with these kinds of places is not the kind of person that I want to engage in a business transaction.

You have already proven to be a little man, with no integrity, unable to exist without trying to find fault with others. How sad is that.
Aug 14, 2014 | #5
Essay ThinkerIt is very sad. I am a very sad and lonely boy. What's even more sad is that I have asked some very poignant questions and have dared to cast a critical eye at my peers. Criticizing one's peers is absolutely against the standards of conduct in academics. Imagine if in the peer review process the reviewers were allowed to criticize every little detail in any given piece of writing submitted to them for publication. We would never achieve any high standards, ever. And thank the gods that professors don't actually grade their papers for grammar, spelling, diction, and style. Most students would never make it past their freshman year.

And you're right once more about questioning the integrity of others. Doing so is never an acceptable business practice because the bottom line always falls way below the protective shell of integrity. Conflict of interest? Never happens. It's just a human construct for nut jobs. Deception and predatory advertising? Not even once. This would never happen in an endeavor where capitalism intersects with academics. The innocence of the students and supreme business ethic on EssayScam will forever prevail!

Again, essayscam/forum/ot/kinds-writing-services-allowed-advertise-here-4717/2/

Okay, here you go (see the above).

You have already proven to be a little man, with no integrity, unable to exist without trying to find fault with others. How sad is that.

What? What, what? Oh, you didn't want me to do that thing that you asked me to do? You finicky son of a...

Again,

I am Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

Again,

I am Major Major, scammer. I own a scam site and a misplaced sense of quality.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #6
You forgot you are competing with the services you're trying to slander. Your test orders are as valid as testimonies of family members trying to protect another family member. What you do is a form of a deceptive trade practice. You should do yourself a favour and stop your illegal practices on a public forum.
Aug 14, 2014 | #7
Your test orders are as valid as testimonies of family members trying to protect another family member.

Again: You asked for me to do this and you directly stated a "test" order is a good idea. This was your idea. Maybe it wasn't fair to ask for something as technical as radioisotopes (I'll phone my alma mater right away and tell them to lower their standards), but you have to admit that the writing quality, on all fronts, is rather poor. The googled research is abysmal.

Again: There is no competition. I do not compete with these sites. For starters, my writing simply is not that horrible. It's like saying that Walmart competes with my local bicycle shop. If you are seriously considering a paper from one of your sites, then 1) you can't afford me and 2) you haven't a vague understanding of quality.

Going on with the Walmart analogy, I believe that the company offers a low quality product at the expense of their employees and consumers. This is not slander or any form of deceptive trade practice. It's my opinion backed up with some facts. If you don't want to buy equipment and parts off of me because you prefer Walmart, then again this is no sweat for me. Go for it.

Fast-essay and essaythinker offer a low quality product at the expense of their employees and consumers. This is my opinion and it is backed up by facts (see the above). Further, I can look at some web copy and deduce that writing quality will likely be poor. Again, my opinion. I can also look at my competitors and note that maybe their services aren't exactly following the letter of the law. This is my opinion and it is a low one at that because I'm just some dude with a crappy website. If I were more than some dude, with lots of money to hire a lawyer, the best lawyers, then I could probably take down this entire enterprise and go after my competitors in some meaningful way. But, this will never happen.

I'm not going to win any legal battles. I don't have anybody on retainer. I'm also sure that you are not a lawyer and your insinuated threats of a deceptive trade practice lawsuit are completely empty. And if they are not empty, then your lawyers will surely find that I have not benefited financially in anyway from from voicing my opinion about my non-competitors. In fact, you have no idea whether I have made any profits from any of this. Sure, a good lawyer could money my back to the wall, but I know when to bow out before any of that nonsense happens.

You see, it comes back to the fact that I haven't actually competed with any of these folks that you claim I have slandered.

I will concede, however, that a cease and desist letter, or something of that sort would make me stop. I don't have money to pay for a real Tango.

Oh yeah. Public forum? I think that you had better consult with your lawyer on that one. This is not a public forum in any way, shape, or form. Jeeze Louise, even Wikipedia knows this. And they they don't know anything.

Alright, so I'm done with Major; I've learned all that I need from this guy. I promise not to give this guy a hard time anymore. Sincerely.

Next?
editor75 13 | 1,910  
Aug 14, 2014 | #8
I'm no scientist, so I don't know if the above paper is correct, but it looks somewhat passable, if awkwardly-written. One could argue that this is a superior product to fast-essay's. However, that observation alone does not mean the site is not a scam. Ordering an essay is just part of the litmus test. If this organization is indeed another end-site of academia-research.com, a major problem in their business model is that the company scams its writers. The customers can get along fine, as long as they draw the right straw and get one of the company's more qualified writers (although, since their pay rates are poor, many of these either half-ass it or leave immediately). The real scam part of this organization (if it's run by academia-research.com, which looks likely) is that it strings its mix of qualified and unqualified writers along for a while (sometimes for years if they're useful), and then point-blank robs them.
Aug 14, 2014 | #9
it looks somewhat passable

Okay, I'm done with editor75 too. I promise to never bother this guy ever again. You guys are really pushing me out of this forum, and not in a way that I had expected.
editor75 13 | 1,910  
Aug 14, 2014 | #10
My bad-- I just reread it. Well, it's a scam both ways, then. The fact remains that ordering an essay will just get you half the picture, though I would not recommend that anyone, no matter how desperate they are for something to do, should have to find that out through bitter experience.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #11
Again: There is no competition. I do not compete with these sites. For starters, my writing simply is not that horrible.

Again, you need to educate yourself on how example writing and research services work. They all hire independent freelance writers; in result, editor75 (for example) or another good writer may have an account with them. Having ordered one essay, you tested a single freelance writer who happens to have an account with them. Next time your order might have been picked by a better (or worse) writer.

I will concede, however, that a cease and desist letter, or something of that sort would make me stop.

It's not a copyright issue; your obvious slander is more serious.

This is not a public forum in any way, shape, or form.

So you have received a private invitation from admin to join the forum and public visitors cannot read the discussions?

There is no competition. I do not compete with these sites.

This is laughable. You provide a writing service for students; they provide a writing service for students. That's all a judge would need to know.

BTW - what 'academic level' did you choose when you ordered your essay? Don't you think it could be a very relevant point of discussion?
Aug 14, 2014 | #12
Next time your order might have been picked by a better (or worse) writer.

Shouldn't that be posted on the website? You are saying that the quality of an ordered essay is a crap shoot. That's like saying the quality of a bicycle that one orders from a company depends on who is fulfilling orders on the day it is shipped, regardless of what price I paid. I'd be really pissed off if I paid $2000 USD and either received a Trek or a Huffy, depending on who was serving me that day.

This alone absolutely shows without any doubt that you are a scammer. File a lawsuit, whatever, I don't care. And it is extremely telling that editor75 and writers2beware have not descended on you for your clear admissions of guilt thus far. These guys flock to any sort of dissent on this forum like flies on crap. Yet, they are incredibly silent on this current issue and continue cry that the sky is falling over the ads in the banner. This is proof that is as clear as any that indicates all three of you and this site are involved in some serious scams. And you have the nerve to talk about judges and the law? Give me a break.

BTW - what 'academic level' did you choose when you ordered your essay?

I think that you should tell us what level I ordered. That would be very interesting if you actually knew the answer to your own question. Whatever the level, the paper does not meet any undergraduate academic standard that I have seen at any community college, university (state or private), and foreign university. Use this paper as a resource for any class and you will fail, fail, fail. So no, the academic level that I requested is absolutely not relevant in any way.

Judges, lawyers, bring it.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #13
And it is extremely telling that editor75 and writers2beware have not descended on you for your clear admissions of guilt thus far.

They just know the law, and you don't. They know how writing services work, and you don't. Or you pretend you don't know (actually, it might be smart of you to pretend you knew nothing before you'd slandered the other services). Maybe FreelanceWriter will be able to explain it to you better (you may ask him if he has ever been ordered to write a paper he's not interested to write).

Whatever the level

They also offer 'High-School' level if you missed that.
Aug 14, 2014 | #14
In all of this, I am still having trouble with the fact that you are actually defending the above posted essay.
99Essays 3 | 254   Freelance Writer
Aug 14, 2014 | #15
It's not a copyright issue; your obvious slander is more serious.

Do you mean libel?
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 14, 2014 | #16
I meant defamation.
Aug 14, 2014 | #17
I prefer character assassination.
99Essays 3 | 254   Freelance Writer
Aug 14, 2014 | #18
Libel and slander and two different types of defamation. Two items within a larger category, like teams within the Big 10. So it's as if you said "Penn State" and I said "Do you mean Nebraska?" and you said "I meant the Big 10."

But you already knew that.
Aug 14, 2014 | #19
Ohhh 99Essays, you and that logic. That has no place here.

At any rate, when I say Big 10, I actually mean Michigan, plus some people who come to get destroyed at the Big House.
writers2beware 29 | 1,924 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #20
This is proof that is as clear as any that indicates all three of you and this site are involved in some serious scams.

F?*k you (continued). Like lovecraft, you're a coward. Why do you ignore all of my challenges to back up your bulls-i* claims? Still can't prove false anything that I've ever typed? What is your gripe with me, exactly? You have a problem with the way that I respond to people, like you, who attack me first? Can you point to a single, innocent member who I have purportedly "attacked" without cause or justification?

Yet, they are incredibly silent on this current issue and continue cry that the sky is falling over the ads in the banner. This is proof that is as clear as any that indicates all three of you and this site are involved in some serious scams. And you have the nerve to talk about judges and the law? Give me a break.

Are you mentally deficient? I am the one who STARTED the original thread about fraudulent sites buying ad space. My position is--and always has been--crystal clear. Your cluelessness has no bounds.
lovecraft 1 | 94   Freelance Writer
Aug 15, 2014 | #21
Like lovecraft, you're a coward

I'm a "coward" for commenting on your negativity and nastiness? Interesting. Are you familiar with the concept of irony?
Aug 15, 2014 | #22
Are you familiar with the concept of irony?

Nope. They're not very good with irony.

Notice that they tend to focus on shifting the burden of proof. They will ask you to prove something that you never argued. And if you make the mistake of biting on that lure, they then shift it to something else you have to prove. If by chance that you do prove a point or offer evidence for a claim, they won't accept this. In short, you can't win, you can't break even, and you can't get out of the game. It's like a thermodynamic nightmare.

They make statements to the effect that they have never been wrong about anything they have stated on here. However, any reasonable person will realize that after a thousand posts, you are bound to say something wrong at some point. Its just statistical certainty.

Intellectual modesty is not a virtuous trait on this forum.

It's almost like arguing with an internet troll.

To be fair, most of the time these guys are not wrong, or right. Its called being elusive. They make statements that are neither right or wrong and thereby avoid telling the truth or lies. You can't prove or disprove anything. So there is no point in arguing unless you are trying to tease out a little bit of information; a pattern will emerge when a person talks enough. It's been a little too easy to guide them through various arguments.

But, to be sure, they are wrong sometimes. In these cases I refer to the Dude who says, "You're not wrong. You're just an a$$hole."

So where is the kernel of truth here? It's this: EssayScam.org supports advertisements for ESL scam sites. The prolific forum members make a lot of noise about these scam sites and insist that EssayScam is designed to expose scams. However, they can't seem to put it all together and see the lunacy in a site that both promotes and claims to expose scammers. They also spend a lot of time attacking people like us, while admitted scammers like Major are given a free pass. Yes, Major has directly implicated himself and defends the scam sites in the banner. Major also does and says things that insinuates that he has behind the scenes knowledge of EssayScam. They keep telling me to read the forum to find this information, and this is what I found. Normally, most folks don't stick around long enough to properly challenge these guys, so they're a bit irritated with me.

And the argument continues with claims that this site is an important vigilante outpost in the fight against evil essay scammers. The facts are that everything here is 1) supposed to be for entertainment purposes and 2) the site is owned by a company that sells their essay services.

Unfortunately, I make statements that exposes a bit of my neck making me prone to attacks. So don't stand too close or you'll get a bit of blood spatter.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #23
FACTS:

1. You viciously attacked and defamed your competitors without a serious reason.

2. I and other members examined your own site and we concluded it was illegal and deceptive.

3. Now you're trying to shift the blame to something/someone else.

Anything else?
Aug 15, 2014 | #24
So this illustrates another dubious tactic called recrimination (see Major above). It is used in an attempt to draw the opponent into an argumentum ad hominem. It works well for them because most people who post here only do so for a short while before leaving in frustration.

And if you want more proof that EssayScam, Major, and their cronies are not truly concerned about essay scams, then notice that they removed my evidence (the essay from essaythinker.com) for scamming from this thread. It was removed because I posted the essay on Reddit. In this very egregious case of scamming, the moderators/owners of EssayScam have demonstrated a disinterest in exposing true scams.

I'll also add that if you ever needed proof that Writer2Beware has ever been wrong on this forum, well, then you are reading it right here. She/He has said, time and again, that EssayScam has the express purpose of exposing scams. I present to you, Exhibit A.
Aug 15, 2014 | #25
I'm a "coward" for commenting on your negativity and nastiness?

No, you're a COWARD for refusing to prove that I attack innocent people. That's your gripe, right? Your problem with me is that I am "mean" to people who are supposedly innocent? Prove it. Post some examples of me attacking people with no cause.

They make statements to the effect that they have never been wrong about anything they have stated on here.

Why is it that you are STILL unable to prove false any substantive claim that I have ever made in this forum?

Why is it that you are STILL unable to prove any of your claims against me?

Why is it that you STILL can't quote me attacking any "innocent" party?

What, exactly, is your specific gripe against me?

Stop posting your long-winded, side-stepping diatribes and answer these simple questions.

By the way, stop referring to me as "they." That's a coward's debate tactic. You clump me together with others as a means to avoid having to provide specific rebuttals against me, in particular. I have nothing to do with any other poster. I can PROVE every claim that I make. How about you? Why don't you step up to the plate?

The prolific forum members make a lot of noise about these scam sites and insist that EssayScam is designed to expose scams.

You are thoroughly full of s-i*. I have been posting here since 2007. The owners did not start displaying ads until roughly a year ago. At that time--and many times since--I led the charge against verifiably fraudulent sites being allowed to place ads. Unlike you, I didn't just blurt out baseless, unsubstantiated claims about the sites being fraudulent. Nope, not at all. Instead, I actually did some research and compiled evidence before posting so that my claims could be verified by anyone.

So, again, I ask you to state what your specific gripe is against me, in particular.

admitted scammers like Major

Can you please quote Major admitting that he/she is a scammer? I've been reading all of the pertinent threads, but I must have missed it. Rest assured, if what you are claiming is true (and--given your sterling record of forthrightness and intellectual honesty--I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that it isn't), I will promptly lead a REAL investigation into Major. Deal?
Aug 15, 2014 | #26
So you really don't see that Major has actively defended the above posted essay and the banner ad sites, in this thread and another? You can't see that he asked me to order an essay as a test and then gets angry when I follow through? If you can't see this, then there is no helping you.
Aug 15, 2014 | #27
I deal in facts. You stated the following:

admitted scammers like Major are given a free pass [by WB]

admit
"to acknowledge; confess"

You painted a picture of a still-undocumented post in which Major openly acknowledges or confesses to scamming. Now, please quote that acknowledgement or confession. As soon as you do so, I will begin my investigation of Major's background and purported scamming.
Aug 15, 2014 | #28
Defending the scam sites, defending the paper, expressing anger over the execution of his proposed test essay order, complaint about the technical level of the second essay before I revealed what I had done, claiming that low quality essays are okay and to be expected, and driving at the academic level of the paper are all acknowledgements of his complicity in the scam.

Also, you've said nothing of the fact the essay in question has been removed.

I think the operative word here is collusion. I say this because you will continue to be obtuse, twist my words, ignore the evidence, shift the argument, and make a few explitives.

The proof for this admission of guilt is staring you dead in the face in this very thread. I expect you to offer a different interpretation, so there is no point in proving anything to you or for you to launch an investigation.

I'll go further and add that your dead silence on Major, his defense of scam sites, and his defense of the obviously horrible essay is a statement of your own guilt as a person who actively aids and abets essay scammers. You've done a nice job of pretending to be a vigilante, but I think that your gig is up. Again, you are a scammer.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #29
Defending the scam sites, defending the paper

I have a problem with your business practices and deception. That's all. If the New York Times advertised here and you - as a direct competitor - tried to attack them without a sensible reason, I would defend them too.
Aug 15, 2014 | #30
That's some funny stuff Major. And again, W2B, clear admission of guilt via defense of a scammer.

Let's suppose for a moment, that you and your sites are actually legit. In that case and at the danger of sounding elitist, I do not and will not do that kind of low-level work. The sites fast essay and essay thinker can have those kinds of clients attracted to that kind of web copy. I don't want them.

But you guys are scammers, so therefore I am definitely not competition. You guys are not in my league.

And the analogy of the New York Times does not apply - you're a scammer-hack and I am a true writer with real credentials and publications to my name.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #31
Translation: "Attention students (by posting so much cr@p I hope to get something in return) - don't look at the facts that totally contradict my statements. I hate you as my clients, I hate and choose to ignore the laws of this country, but I will gladly take your money. That's the bottom line and that's the reason I'm here."
Aug 15, 2014 | #32
So you still don't think it is fair for me to expose a scam essay on EssayScam. And your defense of this position is to accuse me of wrongful self-promotion and accepting money in return for quality work when you take advantage of students who shouldn't even be in college.

You've put me in the situation of handing you your own ass after painting yourself into a corner. Not good for you. Good thing we're not doing this in person, because I'm sure that you would take a swing at me.
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #33
So you still don't think it is fair for me to expose a scam essay on EssayScam.

You're not a defrauded student. Imagine you came here to attend a job fair. There are 100 of writing services competing for the same job. In order to impress your potential employers, you thought it would be an excellent idea to pick on the less eloquent guys. Instead of focusing on your abilities and accomplishments, you chose to attack the weaker candidates. Unfortunately, it backfired; employers don't want to hire you because it would be too risky for them to work with a selfish hothead.
Aug 15, 2014 | #34
Again, you are a scammer.

You are a piece of trash.
Aug 15, 2014 | #35
Shall I get you a shovel?

I am a defrauded client. I bought and paid for an essay from your company. It is not what I ordered. The final product is not what was promised to me. By rights, I deserved a refund. However, by your reasoning, I need to posses a student ID in order to qualify as defrauded. This was not in your terms of service.

It doesn't matter who paid for the essay.

It is clear that I was defrauded and EssayScam still insists on holding adverts for you and these other fraudsters. It's really quite amazing.

Shall I remind you again that this was your idea to purchase an essay as a test? You instigated this situation. You directly advised me to purchase an essay from your company as a test. How many different ways do I need to say this. I've already quoted you directly. Do I need to do it again? I'm already doing it for W2B, so go look at those posts if you need another perspective.

Analogies are not your strong suit and are not really needed here. I ordered and paid for a product that failed to meet any academic standards. What is so hard to understand about that? Why do you need to muddy the waters by questioning my incentives, especially when the incentives were endorsed directly by you.

It is true that there is an added dimension that I am a writer. I'm not just some guy writing a review, and neither are you or anybody else here. Everybody here has an economic stake in the game. Additionally, and contrary to what you may believe, I want clients who appreciate a writer who has a nose for BS. These aren't your clients and they never will be.

Your insistence that we are competitors does not hold water. We are not in the same league.

Shall I remind you again that the name of this site is EssayScam and that you and your cronies spend a lot of time exposing scams? Then you have the nerve to tell me that I can't expose scams from your company.

Do you really want the truth for why I am here and why I am taking time to argue with scammers like you? I'll give you one hint: It is not to compete with you and the other ESLers.
Aug 15, 2014 | #36
Hey, graphophobius, why do you continue to ignore my request for you to explain why you engaged in completely unprovoked attacks against me when I originally (i.e., BEFORE you) took the stance that the fast essay site is fraudulent? Please explain why you attacked me--without me EVER having directed a negative word to you--for doing what YOU are doing now.
Aug 15, 2014 | #37
You are a piece of trash.

I predicted that you would say such a thing. I actually prefer 'white trash', if you can muster another insult. Also, I've yet to here any insults to my mother. Are you saving that for a special post?
Aug 15, 2014 | #38
there is no point in proving anything to you or for you to launch an investigation

TRANSLATION:
"I can't answer your challenge to prove my claim, so this is my cowardly way of skipping town."
Major 35 | 1,464 ☆☆  
Aug 15, 2014 | #39
I actually prefer 'white trash', if you can muster another insult.

Increased dosage of prozac is strongly advised.
Aug 15, 2014 | #40
I predicted that you would say such a thing.

Excellent prediction, Nostradamus. Insulting someone first usually elicits a response in kind. You act as if you did not FIRST label me as a "scammer" a couple posts back (as well as on numerous other occasions wihtout the slightest provocation). Do you have early onset Alzheimer's?

Forum / Essay Services / I ordered a two page example paper from essaythinker.net (RAGIOGENIC ISOTOPES IN GEOLOGICAL AGES AND DATES)

Help? ➰
CLOSE
BEST FREELANCE WRITERS:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!

BEST WRITING SERVICES:
Top Academic Research Services!
VERIFY A WRITER:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter account: