Buy Ivy-League Research Papersprescottpapers.com
Academic Paper Services - The Insider News    

Forum / Writing Careers / 47

How many words should one page include?

Sep 06, 2012 | #1
I have what might be a funny question. I've noticed that writers and companies count a page as between 250 and 300 words. However, my customers' instructors usually state that they want the paper in Times New Roman 12-point, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins on all sides. When I do this, I end up with a little over 360 words per page. What gives?

Sep 06, 2012 | #2
People vary with 275 to 300 words per page.

Sep 06, 2012 | #3
But how do I stretch out the text?

Sep 07, 2012 | #4
Be more generous with your use of separate paragraphs? To be honest I'm glad in the UK most the industry seems to work at a rate per 1,000 seems a lot easier although lecturers here also usually set their papers by the 1,000 rather than by the page.

Sep 07, 2012 | #5
But how do I stretch out the text?

Having shorter paragraphs; even without adding extra spacing before or after paragraphs, my usual page in times new roman, 12 font, double space and 1 inch margins, rarely exceeds 300 words.

Sep 07, 2012 | #6
Guess I'll have to get a little more generous with paragraphs. Do you guys do this on purpose, or is it just the way you write?

Sep 08, 2012 | #7
Shorter paragraphs would increase your space and providing subtitles might also help

Sep 10, 2012 | #8
275 words/page

Sep 25, 2012 | #9
As long as you are using double-spaced 12-font size, it should easily hit 275 words a page which is the acceptable standard.

Aug 19, 2014 | #10
A4 format would have at least 270+ words per page, but it depends on font name, margins, line spacing (you may use the calculate words and pages tool).

Sep 15, 2014 | #11
According to me 250 to 300 hundred is sufficient for writing in one page. An essay is usually doubled spaced with 1 inch margins on all side, So I must say that the size suggested by me is perfect for one page.

Sep 16, 2014 | #12
275 words/page double spaced

Sep 16, 2014 | #13
So I must say that the size suggested by me is perfect for one page.

Hilarious! It's like the Wild and Crazy Guys meet Ed Grimley.

Dec 30, 2014 | #14
I think you should write 275 to 300 words. It is more than enough. Writing more than that for a single page will increase your burden a lot.

Jan 07, 2015 | #15
Most of the writers write 250 - 300 words per page. You can write more than 275 words per page.

Jan 07, 2015 | #16
A page should be at least 275 words and should not exceed 300 words.

Jan 09, 2015 | #17
Personally, I will price based on the number of words needed to avoid these issues. However, I usually find I have between 280 - 300 words per page.

MeoKhanActivity: 7 / 1,400
☆☆     Freelance Writer Regular 
Jan 10, 2015 | #18
Different freelance writers and companies have their own standards as to how many words mean 1 page to them. However, one thing remains the same across all the writers and companies: they charge on the basis of words divided by the total number of words that they believe makes up for 1 page, i.e. 1100 words / 275 words = 4 pages.

Most frequently, I have come across 275 words as one page or 300 words as one page offered by different companies and writers. Yet, a majority have the 275-word length as the standard one page.

Double-spaced, Times New Roman or Ariel type faces, 1" margin on all four sides of the sheet, are usually the requirements from most of the institutions. So, these have also been added to the standard page length norms.

So, I think most of us might mean one page as: 275 words, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1" margin on all four sides. I also follow the same word length as one page.

Jan 12, 2015 | #19
their is no unique standard per page for word count but normally it will be 250 word count.

Jan 12, 2015 | #20
Fu*k you, fraudulent scumbag. Charlatans provide only 250 words per page because they use the non-academic Courier New font that professors often despise. It is a very large font face that takes up too much "real estate" on each page. Most professors aren't that clueless. Each, full page should consist of at least 275 words. The average should be at least 300 words per page, with a max of 330.

Jan 19, 2015 | #21
Criminal, how comes you are so informed about the nitty-gritty of essay writing/words per page if you have no commercial interest in this stinking 'industry'?
Just proves you're nothing more than a despicable lying piece of rotting human excrement.

Jan 19, 2015 | #22
Criminal

Any proof whatsoever?

how comes you are so informed about the nitty-gritty of essay writing/words per page

I attended multiple universities for 7 years (including every summer and winter session). About 75% of my courses involved history and humanities. I still have every paper that I wrote in college, more than 150 in total. Times New Roman is the most commonly requested font face by college professors. Times New Roman is also the recommended font face of the American Psychological Association (APA).

Just proves you're nothing more than a despicable lying piece of rotting human excrement.

Actually, it proves that I know how to use MS Word's "word count" function to determine how many words appear on an average "page" in Times New Roman.

Jan 24, 2015 | #23
At least 275.

aplusActivity: 1 / 28
    Company Representative
Jan 25, 2015 | #24
At my service we define a double spaced page as roughly 275 words. Now, some fonts are larger than others but that only makes a difference when the number of pages requested is 10+. Most service I have come across use a range of 250-300 words.

Jan 25, 2015 | #25
some fonts are larger than others but that only makes a difference when the number of pages requested is 10+.

That is one of the stupidest statements that I have ever read in this forum.

Company Representative
Jan 25, 2015 | #26
umm open up microsoft word and type in Arial size 12, then again in times new roman size 12. One is clearly larger than the other and if you're buying from a services that charges on a per double-spaced page basis it will make a difference.

Jan 25, 2015 | #27
No s-i*, Sherlocke. However, to claim that fonts can make a difference only with "10+ pages" is asinine. The bigger issue here is that ripoff companies use Courier New. Legitimate companies use Times New Roman.

Company Representative
Jan 25, 2015 | #28
Fair enough. I shouldn't have said 'only'. The number of pages does have to be somewhat significant.

Jan 25, 2015 | #29
The number of pages does have to be somewhat significant.

No, it doesn't.

One (1) page of text in Times New Roman with 1" margins and default line spacing contains approximately 300-330 words.

One (1) page of text in Courier New with 1" margins and default line spacing contains approximately 225-260 words.

So, that constitutes a difference of 40-105 words in each page. That is very significant.

Company Representative
Jan 25, 2015 | #30
Here's a useful resource. words to pages. It's not 100% accurate but pretty close.

Jan 25, 2015 | #31
No, that's not a useful source. It's wrong. It does not conform to MLA standards (1" margins) and it ridiculously attributes more real estate to Times New Roman than it does to Arial.

AntarchActivity: 3 / 49
    Freelance Writer Regular 
Feb 10, 2015 | #32
I don't think it matters much. For those students who insist, the benchmark for a page is 250 words. However, my rates are usually based on word counts (per 1,000 words and such) as opposed to number of pages (in which case number of words per page might be a contentious issue).
Ever Dependable Academic Writer *antarchconsulting at yahoo . com*

Feb 10, 2015 | #33
For those students who insist, the benchmark for a page is 250 words.

No, it's not, as I have already proven.

Feb 10, 2015 | #34
Oh, someone is stealing your thunder, pig?
How i just wish you were a talented programmer who flaunts his/her skills. As it is now, you can only flaunt your 'skills' about word count per page! terrible. So, Pig, if i have 4 pages with 250 words each, how many words do i have in total?

Feb 10, 2015 | #35
TRASH

Your psychosis and obsession with me is such that you literally can't leave this forum--as promised yesterday--without suffering a mental collapse. I feel sorry for both you and your family.

Feb 25, 2015 | #36
I think one page contain near about 250-300 word. it is more readable instead of using more than 300 word.

Feb 25, 2015 | #37
What makes something readable is your command of the language, not how many words you put on the page. You seem like you'd have some trouble getting 50 readable words together. That's right, "words..." with an S.

PS--Why are you posting in other threads claiming to be a student, when you call yourself a writer?

PPS-- You should do yourself a favor and take some English lessons. Then, if you're a student, you might have a crack at doing your own assignments. And if you're a writer, maybe after some lessons, you'll be able to call yourself one without embarrassment.

Jul 08, 2016 | #38
"Prices are for a page of double spaced writing in Times New Roman 12 point font (roughly 250 words)"

That bogus statement is from PrescottPapers. Would anyone like to take a guess as to what's blatantly false about it?
Never trust any member's claims at face value. Demand evidence that you can verify.

steall1984Activity: 1 / 83
    Freelance Writer Regular 
Jul 08, 2016 | #39
roughly 250 words

Haha. Is there a prize? I've noticed that most American writers charge per page and that most American students who contact me have been assigned work with a required page count, either exact or approximate, but in the UK this is really uncommon. As far as I know, students always work to a word count here. Any idea as to the justification for working to a page count, especially when no indication is given as to the font size and line spacing to be used? Perhaps there is a standard assumption that students will use 12 point Arial or Times New Roman with double line spacing or something similar to this? In which case, I can see the logic behind a page count as opposed to a word count.

ProfessorVerbActivity: 22 / 639
☆☆☆     Freelance Writer Regular 
Jul 08, 2016 | #40
I quickly transitioned from a page count to word count formula several years ago after receiving a few orders for 1.5 or single-spaced pages.
Please help support Fisher House (fisherhouse org) which provides a network of comfort homes for veterans' family members. Thanks!

Forum / Writing Careers /